Anyone can get a marriage license when the marriage will take place in Alberta within the next 90 days. There is no appointment necessary this is a walk in service.
Requirements to Get a Marriage License:
- Both Parties must be present in the office together
- Both Parties must provide valid government issued photo ID
- If either party is divorced divorce documents are required
- The marriage must be taking place in Alberta within the 90 Days of receiving the marriage license.
- There is a fee of $75.00
Restrictions to Application:
- You cannot marry someone that you are related to by whole blood, half blood or adoption
- Ex: grandparent, parent, child, grandchild or sibling
- Must be free of the influence of drugs and alcohol when you apply
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- If you are under 18 parental consent is required.
Please fully complete the Marriage License Application (PDF)