To Apply For A Legal Name Change:
- Valid Government issued photo ID.
- Completed Application with the documents specified within the application.
- If you do not have the application you can pick it up in our office. There is no online application.
- Original Electronic Fingerprints Document for anyone over 12.
Legal name changes take on average anywhere from 3 weeks up to 5 months depending on the complexity.
Ordering a Legal Name Change Certificate:
You are automatically issued a copy of the legal name change certificate. If you lose this document and require another copy you will need to do the following:
- Come into the office in person.
- Provide valid government issued photo ID.
- Have the Legal Name Change Certificate Application (PDF)
If the certificate is sent into our office they normally show up within 2-4 business days. If the certificate is mailed to you it can take up to 3 weeks.