IdentificationTo be eligible to receive an Alberta Identification Card you must not be in possession of a drivers license or identification card from anywhere in the world, you must be a resident of Alberta, be 12 years of age or over, and you must provide the following information:

  • Student here on a study permit can have ID card and driver’s license as long as they’re on a study permit.
  • Second piece of Id. E.g. Alberta Health, Social Insurance Card, Passport, Citizenship, Permanent Resident, Work Permit, or Study Permit.
  • Proof of Residence. E.g. Rental agreement, bank statement, cell phone bill, pay stubs.
  • Parents or guardians must accompany a minor to consent.

*Expired ID is not accepted